Modern Product Engineering: Where DevOps and Cloud Go Hand in Hand
We have all witnessed a rapid disruption across various industries and businesses in the past few years. Product engineering has become really sophisticated over the years. Agility and faster time-to-market are the core focus of modern product companies and their customers while developing and launching a product.
Product companies work on multiple product concepts with a core focus to solve business challenges. Most of these companies face the challenge of building innovative product engineering solutions that meet the needs of modern businesses and launching them successfully in the market.
By embracing cloud and other digital technologies, there has been a shift in the way software products are developed and deployed, along with numerous other benefits. By using DevOps, both development and operations go hand in hand and bring speed and agility to the business.
Before we dive deep into the benefits of using DevOps with cloud, take a look at some key considerations every product development company needs to follow for launching a product successfully.
- Market Scenario: Analyse the market potential by studying the customer, their competitors, their capabilities, and cost potential.
- Business Requirement: Document the requirements of the business and build a clear strategy to execute the project.
- Product Roadmap: Build a product roadmap by elaborating on the various stages and phases of the product development and deployment lifecycle.
- Product Design: In the case of new products, design the product by keeping user requirements, usability, and visual requirements in mind.
- Product Engineering: Follow the product engineering best practices such as leveraging DevOps, and implementing test automation.
- Project Management: Manage processes of resource allocation, communication, and project timeline effectively.
- Capital and Funding: Plan and allocate money wisely to make sure your product launch is not hindered.
- Launch Timing: Focus on launching the app on time by managing development bugs, change requirements and other such factors.
- Usability Testing: Test your product for usability and performance testing before its launch.
- Product Maintenance: Ensure product availability and maintenance by continuously monitoring the security, device updates, OS, servers and backup/restore.
On top of these processes, modern product engineering uses digital technologies such as cloud, IoT, mobility, and many more to develop and deploy products faster and reduce their release cycles.
Top 3 Business Benefits of Using DevOps with Cloud
Cloud provides a centralized platform for DevOps production, testing, and deployment. This solves the complexities of managing software product development and deployment in a decentralized and distributed system. It improves monitoring as all the tools related to backup, automation, infrastructural services, and monitoring is easily accessible to all the developers associated with the project.
Automation made easy
Clubbing cloud with DevOps enables organizations to pace up IT modernization and manage the infrastructure efficiently. It automates the development, deployment, and testing processes. Cloud will speed up the automation process and make it more reliable, error-free, and robust. It will increase the efficiency of the overall product development process and thereby increase time-to-market.
Faster product deployment
When the processes are automated with the support of cloud computing, it increases the speed of coding and code deployment. DevOps ensures that the code that is deployed is free for errors, and the deployment is customized to meet all the business needs.
The capabilities and value of DevOps and cloud are synergistic and will impart more value and opportunities for businesses. When used hand in hand, it improves the overall development and deployment processes and enhances the performance of software products.
If you are looking for a reliable technology and DevOps partner who can help you deploy the right tools and efficiently develop software products, Gateway Digital can be an ideal fit.
We serve companies across industries with innovative product concepts and end-to-end product engineering solutions. Our agile and DevOps approach focuses on developing and deploying high-quality products. With over 110 successful deliveries and 80+ product migrations, we have emerged as the most trusted partner for product engineering and digital transformation services.
To know more about our capabilities in product engineering, get in touch with me over an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also available on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/dhrashti-brahmbhatt-9209b4b3/